Thursday, February 22, 2007

Progress Blog– Professional Practice Module Pt. 4

20th Feb

I received the following email from Greg today and an automated email from the Dreamhost Installer Robot which detailed how I should go about establishing my Wordpress site.

Ok, I've set up the hosting for that domain. In your hosting
registration, set the nameservers to:

ns1.dreamhost.com
ns2.dreamhost.com

I have installed Wordpress there, and it should work in 24 hours.
I'll forward Dreamhost's instructions.

If you need, you can FTP files to:

ftp.csad-ssl.co.uk

Log in with:

gt_nickgerrard
pinecle3n

Would you like any email addresses @csad-ssl.co.uk?

I’m going to email Paul Wilgeroth tomorrow to update him on the progress of the site and check whether he wants any email addresses with that extension

19th Feb

I emailed Greg Turner to check whether the funds had been debited into his account today as I finally had a chance to check my internet banking today and saw that the money had come out of my account. Greg emailed me to say;

Yes, I recieved £50 on the 14th. I am still waiting for the domain
name you want to use, without which I can't set up the account. If
you want me to register a domain name for you it will cost extra, or
you can register it yourself, and tell me what it is.

Cheers,

Greg.

Spurred on by this bit of progress I immediately bought www.csad-ssl.co.uk from 123reg.com and emailed Greg to tell him that I had done so and the domain name would be usable 24 hours from the time of purchase.

Feb 11th -13th

Another frustrating time in this project, arranging the transfer of funds from my account, which I’ve had to wait until the 11th to do as I needed money from my parent’s account to be transferred over, hardly very professional! But that’s student life I suppose. Then Greg emailed my incomplete bank details and I’ve had to request the full ones, wasting a few more days.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home