Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Tuesday 3rd October, Digicam

I found this session very interesting, laying out a set of design principles that I really think need to be observed in creating a successful interface. The Neilsen principles of usability will obviously be a massive help in the redesign of my phone and I think I'll find it very useful to have a structure to work from. as I look more at my phone I realise just how user unfriendly it is and how ripe for a redesign it is. Its got the same display size as a phone and a similar space for controls but it has far too many buttons and dials and a mindboggling array of different menus accessed by totally different controls. It won't be easy to redesign because it isn't a simple piece of technology but what I took from today was that a Novice setting would allow adequate use of the device without all the unnnecessarily confusing options they have now which 90% of users wouldn't know how to use anyway.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home